This is to inform interested and qualified applicants that the PTDF scholarship for 2019/2020 OVERSEAS POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME UNDER PTDF STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS IN UK, GERMANY & FRANCE application is ongoing, candidates who wish to take part in the scholarship scheme are hereby encourage to read this publication carefully.
About PTDF scholarship scheme
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF scholarship), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas MSc and PhD Scholarships to institutions under its UK, Germany and France strategic partnership initiative. Successful candidates will be awarded scholarships to study in these countries commencing in the 2019/2020 academic session.
Under the ptdf scholarship scheme, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at the partner institutions in any of the countries (full list of sponsored courses is available below). The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses. The programmes will also include language classes to aid scholars settle into their new environments.
Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements for PTDF Scholarship
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria;
1. Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications (where available) to be referenced by applicants
2. Awards for leadership and/or academic excellence (where available).
3. Membership of professional bodies
4. The viability of the study/research plan.
5. Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the oil & gas industry and its expected impact on national development.
1. A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience
2. Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
3. Must be computer literate
4. Possession of 5 O/level credits including English Language.
1. Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
2. Must be computer literate
3. A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate;
4. Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection (Click here for a sample of Ph.D. research proposal format)
5. Applicants must also include their master’s degree project
Required Documents for PTDF scholarships
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
1. First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
2. NYSC discharge certificate
3. WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).
4. Recent Passport Photograph
5. Local Government Identification Letter
6. Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
7. Evidence of membership of professional associations
How to apply for ptdf scholarship
Step1 Visit the Application Portal
Step 2: Fill in your email and password under the start new application section check image below. Your email and password is required here, select PhD or MSc then click on register.
You will get a message that says account created successfully, check your mail to copy login pin.
Step 3: Click on continue from the email sent to you
Step 4: login with your pin and password in the next widow
Step 5: fill up the required information and upload your passport in JPG or PNG file format Take your time to fill in the details accurately
IMPORTANT NOTE for PTDF scholarships:
Ongoing PhD Candidates could only apply provided their Universities are among the PTDF Partnership Universities as listed above;
Candidates who have benefited from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same type of programme, except a higher programme;
Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CLOSING DATE FOR PTDF scholarships APPLICATIONS IS Six (6) WEEKS FROM THE DATE OF THIS PUBLICATION.
LIST OF APPROVED COURSES FOR SPONSORSHIP
Candidates may select up to 3 different courses (1st,2nd and 3rd choice) in any University within a particular country.
Click and follow the link below.
If you experience any issues let us know by dropping a comment below, we wish you success in your academic pursuit.