- company Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Job Vacancy
- Specialization IT / Telecomm / Tech Jobs in Nigeria
- Industry Power/Energy
- Job Type Full Time
- Experience 3-5 year(s)
- Qualification HND, Bachelor’s Degree
- Location Abuja
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company job vacancy (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Job Vacancy
- The role of this job holder is to carry out the identification and preparation of ICT facilities and deployment of ICT infrastructure; securing and provisioning power, building connectivity, cooling, CCTV monitoring, access control and lease as well as dark fiber connectivity between sites according to business requirements.
- Others include the provision of hardware resources for further configuration by specialist teams; monitoring, adhering to and enforcing strict access to ICT facilities as per policy.
Other Key Roles / Responsibilities:
- Ensure high availability of services to end users.
- Deployment of Power, Connectivity and Cooling for ICT Systems.
- Ensure tickets are resolved within team-defined SLOs.
- Enforce and adhere to access policy to secure data centers and highly secure ICT facilities.
- Enforce data privacy, data integrity and service availability.
- Carry out accurate capacity planning for ICT infrastructure.
- Provide inputs to budget preparation, tracking, reporting.
- Support Lead in building a strong team to meet corporate requirements.
- Mentor and provide support to ensure professional growth of new team members
- B.Sc in Computer Science, Engineering course.
- Network certifications a plus.
- Software development certification a plus.
- Work experience in a multidisciplinary engineering team in a medium to large-size organisation.
- Minimum of 3-5 years cognate experience.
- Good operational knowledge of network systems, protocols, virtualization, cloud computing, SDN, load balancing.
- Work experience with the TCP/IP stack (DNS, DHCP, etc.).
- Good knowledge of electrical (including Solar and other renewable systems) and cooling systems.
- People skills.
- Project management skill.
- Good analytical, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with focus on results.
- Attention to detail.
- Passion for excellence in serving users and addressing their needs.
- Good knowledge of dark fiber, leased wavelengths and data centers and data center switching and routing.
- CCTV, VoIP, Access Control Systems – Deployment and Maintenance experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Click the Apply now button to send your application