It a sad moment for the United State of America and the entire world as the news of the death of United State former president George Bush was announced in a statement released late Friday.
READ ALSO: (APPLY NOW) Adobe Internship/Job Recruitment 2019
George W. Bush released a statement, saying for himself and his siblings, “Jeb, Neil, Marvin, Doro, and I are saddened to announce that after 94 remarkable years, our dear Dad has died.”
“George H.W. Bush was a man of the highest character and the best dad a son or daughter could ask for,” he said. “The entire Bush family is deeply grateful for 41’s life and love, for the compassion of those who have cared and prayed for Dad, and for the condolences of our friends and fellow citizens.”
Bush’s most notable accomplishments in the White House came in the area of foreign policy. While Reagan is often credited with winning the Cold War, it was Bush who successfully navigated the aftermath. His low-key approach avoided inflaming communist hard-liners and allowed for the peaceful breakup of the Soviet Union.
Video showing George Bush Body
The casket of former President George HW Bush was flown out of Houston and landed at Joint Base Andrews outside Washington. Bush will lie in state at the US Capitol starting this evening, His funeral will be Wednesday, and his son, former President George W Bush, will be among those giving eulogies.
The plane carrying the casket of former President George HW Bush has landed at Andrews Air Force base outside Washington, DC.
Military bands greeted the casket of George HW Bush with “Hail to the Chief” and “My Country Tis of Thee” at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland, and he was given a 21-gun salute.
Bush’s five children were gathered on the tarmac for the arrival.
The flag-draped casket was loaded into a hearse and will be brought to the US Capitol, where he will lie in state.
Top 5 George Bush Greatest Achievements
1. In just one term in office, from 1989 to 1993, he was the indispensable leader in ending the Cold War peacefully as the Soviet Union collapsed and 15 new states took its place in December 1991.
2. Bush was the major figure in unifying Germany in the NATO alliance following the fall of the Berlin Wall.
3. He also organized an extraordinary global coalition to defeat Saddam Hussein in the 1990-91 Gulf War.
4. He then presided over the creation of the modern Middle East peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians later that year.
5. And we shouldn’t forget that his administration conceived of the North American Free Trade Agreement and handed it over to President Bill Clinton, who secured congressional approval early in his presidency.
6. Bush and his supremely capable secretary of State, James A. Baker III, also launched what they called “Operation Tin Cup” to persuade the world’s wealthiest countries – among them Japan, Germany and Saudi Arabia – to pay for the entire war effort.